Technical Accounting Manager
New position with a growing Tulsa area company. Recruiting an
Accounting Manager with technical expertise in the application of GAAP to non-standard transactions and emerging issues. This individual will be a significant resource to the Corporate Controller and will help to bridge the gap between the transactional accounting and financial reporting teams. This organization is a dynamic, international enterprise with new accounting issues to research on a weekly basis. This position will provide the right individual with a great opportunity to continue to develop and hone his or her technical accounting capabilities within a team focused on ensuring the highest level of integrity and accuracy in our financial reporting.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Ongoing revenue recognition projects and analysis, including ensuring that the accounting team maintains appropriate documentation to support our revenue recognition policies
- Ownership of purchase price accounting (under supervision of Corporate Controller) for acquisitions completed periodically, including working with our M&A team to identify accounting issues prior to the closing date of such transactions
- Involvement in the consolidation process of multiple business units across the US and internationally to ensure consolidation is in accordance with GAAP
- Collaboration with treasury and financial reporting teams to ensure polished weekly/monthly cash forecasting and cash flow reporting
- Involvement in the month end close process including the preparation and recording of certain technical accounting entries related to rev rec, purchase accounting, significant estimates, emerging issues in the general ledger.
- Support for the completion of financial statement audits and annual tax return preparation.
- Assistance with the periodic assessment and documentation of internal controls.
- Assist with other special projects and ad-hoc requests, as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years in public accounting at a reputable firm required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA license (or currently working towards achieving) required
- Public company integrated audit experience (including SOX work) a plus
- Experience in accounting for international consolidations a plus