TULSA DAY CENTER, INC
Mission: To serve those who are experiencing or at risk for homelessness
Director of Finance
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Director of Finance reports directly to the Executive Director of the Tulsa Day Center, and is accountable for daily operations in finance and human resources. Included in responsibilities is the oversight of financial statements, grant and fund accounting, payroll, banking, employee benefits, and supervision of departmental staff. Also, guidance will be provided to colleagues in budget planning and tracking, working closely with auditors, and presenting financial information to the Board of Directors.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Director of Finance will be responsible for all aspects of the general ledger, including:
- Oversight and review of all financial transactions and processes including revenues, accounts payable and receivable, banking, payroll, and cash flow relating to both the Tulsa Day Center and Hudson Villas Apartment Complex.
- Working with the Executive Director and appropriate development staff to ensure all revenue is received and accurately recorded.
- Monitoring grant balances and private revenues as needed.
- Ensuring costs and liabilities are accurately recorded and classified.
- Preparing and reviewing system-generated financial statements.
- Reviewing invoices and payment approvals.
- Oversight of check generation and vendor payment processes.
Other responsibilities include:
III. QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Ensuring that all legal and regulatory responsibilities are met, including compliance with all HUD and other federal/state regulations.
- Leadership of annual budgeting process for both Tulsa Day Center and Hudson Villas Apartment Complex, in partnership with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Management and support of relationships with all applicable banking and financial institutions, payroll vendors, accounting software vendors, 401K vendors, insurance brokers, or other vendors or financial institutions as needed.
- Leadership and coordination of all audit activities with independent auditor.
- Provision of data to assist in the completion, review, and filing of the externally-prepared tax form 990.
- Preparation of financial reports in conjunction with the Board Treasurer for presentation to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Compliance with all workplace and employee confidentiality laws, statutes, and/or mandates, including FMLA, HIPPA, or other human resource-related directives.
- Development of successful and trusting relationships with grant sponsors, as well creating and sustaining an environment that supports these relationships.
- Preparation and submission of documentation to grant sponsors for fund withdrawals.
- Attendance and participation in designated Board and leadership meetings, or other meetings as requested by the Executive Director and/or the Board of Directors.
- Management of accounting staff, including recruitment, hiring, and training of support staff as needed.
Important qualifications and skills for this position are:
IV. SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, or Finance required; MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of GAAP for non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector.
- Highly skilled in the use of nonprofit accounting software, preferably SAGE accounting software.
- Knowledge of capital campaign donor management and accounting.
- Knowledge of all workplace/employee confidentiality compliance, including FMLA, HIPPA, and other human resource-related laws, statutes, and/or mandates.
- Experience with governmental contracts and appropriate accounting procedures.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
- Demonstration of excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment while remaining highly detailed-oriented.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
Salary and benefits will be determined based upon applicant’s experience and qualifications.