As Senior Accountant you'll:
- Manage the onboarding process for new clients: You'll work closely with new clients to develop a clear understanding of their needs. You'll design their service plan and set up efficient and effective bookkeeping workflows.
- Oversee services for a portfolio of clients: You'll supervise staff accountants to ensure each client's needs are met on an ongoing basis. You will serve as the primary point of contact for the client and help with any requests that go beyond the abilities of the bookkeepers you supervise. Often this means acting as an outsourced CFO or Controller for the client.
You may occasionally be asked to help with related work in other areas of the business. This is a fast-growing organization, so from time to time everyone is asked to help out with projects beyond their normal range of responsibilities.
Looking for someone who is:
- Experienced. An accountant who has handled the accounting for multiple different small businesses and/or non-profits (either working within the organization or in an accounting/bookkeeping firm). The ideal candidate has had titles like: Controller, Full Charge Bookkeeper, Senior Accountant, etc. Management experience is very valuable for this role. Candidates must also have experience working directly in QuickBooks (not just supervising someone who does).
- Knowledgeable. You must have an excellent understanding of accounting & bookkeeping best practices. The ideal candidate has a degree in accounting or a closely related field such as finance, business or economics, though this isn't strictly required. Being a CPA is a plus, and CPA eligibility is required.
- Highly organized. You need to juggle multiple clients with different services and coordinate the work of a diverse team of bookkeepers. This requires exceptional organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Great at building strong, personal relationships. You are the primary contact for a set of clients. It's important that you establish a personal rapport with the clients. More than just a bookkeeper, the goal in this position is to become a trusted advisor to each client. This takes relationship-building skills and a friendly, outgoing attitude.
- Detail-oriented. Clients judge us a lot by our accuracy and precision. The ideal candidate hates making mistakes and is extremely detail-oriented.
- A great communicator. As a client facing accountant you will have conference calls with clients monthly. You should have excellent professional communication skills. You'll need to be perfectly fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Tech-savvy. You'll need to be adept with computers and good at figuring out new systems and tools. Excel expertise is preferred. QuickBooks Online and Desktop experience is required.
- An adaptable, fast learner. Every client has a different set of processes, requirements, etc., so each new client is a learning experience. We need someone who feels very comfortable diving in and figuring things out independently (though there will always be people who can help!). If you're at your happiest maintaining a well-established process that someone else designed, it might not be the ideal role for you. If you love looking for creative solutions to new problems all the time, we want you!
Job Type: Full-time