View all jobs
Accounting Manager - Special Projects - Technical AccountingBroken Arrow, OK
Accounting Manager – Special Projects
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Review of key areas to support the month end close with focus on increasing both the efficiency and accuracy of the current processes
- Supervise certain accounting staff members with a focus on taking ownership for work completed and on the further development of team members
- Work throughout the month with operations and sales teams to provide support as they review the performance of their respective business units
- Ongoing revenue recognition projects and analysis, including ensuring that the accounting team maintains appropriate documentation to support our revenue recognition policies
- Exposure to purchase price accounting for acquisitions completed throughout the year, including working with our M&A team to identify accounting issues prior to the closing date of such transactions
- Involvement in the consolidation process of multiple business units across the US and internationally to ensure consolidation is in accordance with GAAP
- Potential collaboration with treasury and financial reporting teams to ensure polished weekly/monthly cash forecasting and cash flow reporting
- Support for the completion of financial statement audits and annual tax return preparation.
- Assistance with the periodic assessment and documentation of internal controls.
- Assist with other special projects and ad-hoc requests, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA license (or currently working towards achieving) required
- Minimum of 4-5 years in public accounting at a reputable firm strongly preferred
- Public company integrated audit experience (including SOX work) a plus
- Experience in accounting for international consolidations a plus