PRESIDENT & CEO
THE PARENT CHILD CENTER OF TULSA, INC.
President, Board of Directors
PRIMARY LOCATION: 1421 South Boston
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
The President & CEO, in partnership with the Board of Directors, leads the organization to accomplish its mission of preventing child abuse and neglect through education, treatment, and advocacy by envisioning the future of the agency and facilitating the achievement of strategic goals. The President & CEO communicates with key stakeholders in order to mobilize staff, agency, and community resources to reduce child maltreatment in the local area. This position ensures the principled administration of all aspects of the agency to meet objective standards of excellence, stewardship of community resources, and day to day operations.
Board of Directors
- The President & CEO will report to the Board of Directors and have overall strategic and operational responsibility for staff, programs, expansion, and execution of our mission.
- Collaborate with the Board:
- Communicate regularly on activities, significant events, and all information necessary for the Board to function at its optimal level and make informed decisions.
- Create Board and Executive Committee meeting agendas and participate in those meetings.
- As feasible, prioritize participation in other pertinent committee meetings.
- Increase Board member knowledge of programs results, issues, needs, and challenges to help the Board effectively fulfill its role as the governing body of the agency.
- Play an integral role in Board and Executive Committee meetings with the responsibility to lead discussions related to priorities of the agency.
Fundraising & Financial Performance
- Responsible for leading The Parent Child Center of Tulsa in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Ultimately responsible for fundraising goals and fiscal sustainability of the agency. Work with the Development Director and the Board to implement relationship-based fundraising strategies and identify opportunities to diversify and strengthen revenue streams. This significant priority requires consistent, direct, timely, personal financial requests, as well as regular contact and updating of major donors about program needs and accomplishments.
- Enhance organizational sustainability by identifying and communicating the accomplishments and the resource needs of the agency to the board, funders and the community.
External Affairs & Communication
- Responsible for fiscal management that anticipates operating within the approved multi-million dollar budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for the enhancement of the agency’s image and reputation by serving as the face of the agency to the public and the media, being active and visible in the community, and by building relationships with professional, nonprofit, civic, and private organizations.
- Serve as the public voice of the agency, inform the community of the agency’s mission and services through tours, literature, personal appearances and other media opportunities. Preside over annual agency fundraising events.
Organizational Leadership and Management
- Provide active leadership and direct involvement in legislative advocacy affecting the organization. Stay informed about policy and legislative issues related to child wellbeing, and work to educate and advocate with local and state policymakers for priority issues that aid the agency’s mission, within applicable laws.
- Compassionately and effectively lead and support a diverse group of child protection professionals and support staff in a trauma informed agency. Responsible for leading a growing agency staff and providing support in the hiring and retention of competent, qualified employees.
- Empower members of the agency leadership team:
- Guide their professional development.
- Delegate appropriate levels of authority and responsibility to team members, and support them in fulfilling their job duties and reaching departmental goals.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to successfully attain agency goals.
- Encourage an environment that is open to creativity, innovation, and feedback.
- Assure programs and services are mission-driven, of high quality, and effective in meeting client needs in accordance with the agency’s mission.
Strategic Planning and Operational Oversight
- Demonstrate the agency values of compassion, respect, learning, adaptability and achievement.
- Guide the preparation and approval of both long-term and short-term multi-million dollar operating budgets; maintain accountability for day to day control and disbursement of funds in accordance with the approved budget and spending limits set by the board; and ensure regular accurate financial reports are made to the Board.
- Ensure that a process of performance quality improvement is incorporated, and that programs and outcomes are appropriately evaluated.
- Actively manage both the annual and strategic goal setting process in conjunction with the Board and Executive Committee. Create measurable and actionable goals to achieve stability and continued growth for the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board President.
- Fulfill all public accountability and legal obligations of the agency, ensuring compliance with all applicable laws.
- Participate in an annual review of job performance and personal goal setting with the Board President and Executive Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field of work.
- Five years related experience where three of the five years includes senior management experience with direct experience managing staff.
- Demonstrate transparent and stellar leadership, relationship-building, and communication skills, including oral, writing and presentation skills.
- Proven budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making, and reporting.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and engage diverse volunteers and donors.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Master’s or advanced level degree in work related field.
- Well versed in fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector and tangible direct results.
If qualified, please apply here or email your resume to email@example.com.