Vice President Information Technology
Tulsa - Hybrid - Work Remote Flexibility
The VP of IT will have strategic and tactical leadership of enterprise IT operations including ongoing operationalization of our processing platform, all enterprise technology infrastructure (including hardware, firmware, third party software, networks and connectivity), desktop/mobile support, cybersecurity and business continuity planning. This is a new role and represents a unique opportunity for a seasoned IT leader to establish a distinct IT function within a well-established private equity backed business. Future state opportunities for our IT organization include an enterprise data warehouse initiative, cybersecurity improvements and partial or complete migration from colocation to the cloud.
Position responsibilities include:
- Leading strategic and operational systems planning to achieve business objectives by fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future systems.
- Working across all levels of the organization to deploy enterprise IT applications and infrastructure necessary to achieve current and future business objectives.
- Continuous improvement of enterprise IT operations.
- Establishing metrics for proactively managing and monitoring IT effectiveness and the processes to ensure that KPIs and service levels are being met.
- Meeting all contractual service level agreements (SLA) with our partners.
- Ensuring that all key IT related processes are fully documented, broadly understood by those who need to know.
- Collaborating with the product development team to ensure excellence in operationalizing our prepaid payment processing platform.
- Establishing policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective user experience balanced with appropriate safeguarding of systems and data.
- Responsible for our cybersecurity plan including all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external client information.
- Developing an IT roadmap to support increasing business scale while taking advantage of technology innovations and trends, potentially including enterprise data warehouse, cybersecurity improvements and partial or complete migration from colocation to the cloud.
- Responsible for the IT budget and the effective management of the costs.
- Collaborating with our Chief Risk Officer and his team to ensure that our key IT processes and systems are well-defined, controlled and monitored from a risk management perspective.
- Collaborating with our Chief Risk Officer to develop and implement business continuity and/or disaster recovery plans in instances of a data security breach or other disaster.
- Being a highly visible and vocal leader within the Company.
- Strengthen our brand loyalty with consumers and Sponsors by managing best in class IT operations and delivering an exceptional client experience to customers that expect ‘dial tone’ like reliability from our technology and services.
- Effecting change using change management best practices.
- Leading and mentoring direct reports to develop and maintain a high performing team focused on continuously exceeding client expectations.
- Fostering a supportive culture of client centricity, risk management, ownership, inter/intra-functional teamwork, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Managing procurement of all third-party technologies.
Position requirements include:
- 15-20 years of progressive IT leadership positions in technology-based organizations, ideally operating in a highly regulated market like financial services.
- Experience in a growth-oriented, fast-paced, (ideally PE-backed) company.
- Proven track record of working well cross-functionally to drive business results.
- Significant depth in IT technologies and best practices, including network infrastructure, Cloud-based infrastructure, enterprise applications, cybersecurity (data privacy, data protection and GDPR regulations) and data warehouses.
- Conversancy with best practices and fostering adoption.
- A track record of building and leading high performing IS/IT/security teams that achieve measurable objectives.
- Proven change agency and reputation for swiftly impacting an organization vs. incrementalism.
- Well-developed interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Extremely disciplined approach to execution and follow-through with a demonstrated ability to swiftly establish metrics-based management systems.
- Capacity and inclination to develop a deep understanding of the business, processes, and systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks simultaneously and meeting goals and deadlines under pressure.
This person will be an experienced, data driven operational leader with a strong bias toward action. S/he will be a highly effective player/coach who has a discerning eye for talent and a track record of actively developing the right talent while decisively dealing with performance issues. A hands-on leader, s/he will be adept at adjusting management altitude down to the ground as required, with full appreciation for the need to understand operations from the ground up in order to lead the function
S/he knows that leadership credibility is earned through gaining and demonstrating command of the function and business. A natural problem solver, s/he will have an aptitude for swiftly but methodically breaking down problems, reviewing data to determine root cause, developing remediation plans and seeing resolution through with executional discipline complete with post- mortems to ensure that learnings are taken. This person will also bring a relentless lean, continuous improvement mindset focused on identifying meaningful opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness. Within the first 90 days s/he will develop an action plan (current state assessment, target future state given business objectives and prioritized steps to bridge gap) that will result in a material impact on the IT function and Company within the first 12 months.
A bachelor's degree is required