Senior Accountant - Accounts Payable
Small Oil & Gas company seeking a Joint Interest Billing (JIB)/Accounts Payable Accountant with a deep understanding of the JIB process, exceptional financial and analytical skills and extreme attention to detail to process Accounts Payable and run monthly Joint Interest Billing Process.
Accounts Payable –
- Process vendor invoices on a daily basis.
- Review invoices for appropriate cost coding, well information and required signatures on each field ticket.
- Manage the movement of invoices to the appropriate workflow for approval and payment.
- Establish AP procedures and documentation.
- Spearhead implementation of AP imaging/workflow and JIB data exchange/workflow software.
Joint Interest Billing -
- Process and analyze AFE's and operating expenses.
- Identify and calculate drilling, construction and operating overhead per JOA.
- Analyze and calculate allocation of operator expense for JIB billing.
- Actively participate in monthly closing processes to ensure timely and accurate billings to Partners.
- Respond to WI Owner inquiries as well as internal customers.
- Review JIB Division of Interests and rebill as needed.
- Post-closing variance analysis and reporting.
- Develop financial reports that provide budget managers with the details necessary to understand the day to day operations on the business on a level granular enough to base solid capital allocation decisions.
- Assist with monthly expense reporting and analysis.
- Provide financial analysis around capital expenditures.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business-related field.
- 5+years of experience in O&G AP/JIB accounting.
- Proficiency in Excel, Access, Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven Energetic/Self-starter/Change agent who can provide value to operating groups.