Full Job Description
About the Company and Position:
- Energy service company
- Privately held organization
- Reports to CFO
- Competitive benefits, great perks, energetic and fun working atmosphere
- Responsible for managing all aspects of domestic and international direct and indirect taxation including, but not limited to, calculation of tax provisions and liabilities, tax research, reporting, compliance, planning and strategy, policy, and budgeting.
- Oversees preparation and performs final review of tax returns, extensions, audits, and estimated tax payments.
- The position will work closely with the CFO, Global Controller, and the leadership team as a critical business partner to insure the management of the company's global tax position and minimization of tax liability and risk.
- Manages tax from a strategic position, by proactively providing guidance to enable business development and growth, with a focus on legal entity structure and requirements.
- Monitor and anticipate changes in international, federal, and state/local tax laws of importance to the organization, determine the impact of those changes on the organization, and recommend appropriate modifications to the organization's procedures or operations in response to such changes.
- Stays apprised of and implements tax best practices.
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Serve as the principal liaison with third party tax consultants on various tax matters as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Tax, or equivalent
- CPA preferred
- 10+ years of direct Tax experience
- International tax expereince required
- Finance industry or investments industry preferred