View all jobs
Sales Tax AccountantBroken Arrow, OK
JOB TITLE: Sales Tax Accountant
Broken Arrow, OK
This position is responsible primarily for sales and property tax preparation and filings and reports to the Global Tax Manager.
- Registration of sales tax in new states as required
- Maintain schedule of monthly, quarterly and annual sales tax filings in all states
- Maintain checklist showing completion and filing dates for all sales tax filings
- Preparation and filing of all sales tax returns in all states
- Monthly reconciliation to general ledger accounts
- Research and clear reconciling sales tax items
- Research and support for sales tax audit
- Research and support for sales tax notices
- Preparation of sales tax return amendments
- Training of employees that do billing
- Maintaining sales tax rates in the ERP system
- Reviewing ERP system data to confirm completeness
- Maintain schedule of Annual Reports for all entities in all states
- Maintain checklist showing completion and filing dates for all Annual Report filings
- Register entities with appropriate Secretary of State as required
- Maintain organized filing system for sales tax, property tax and annual report correspondence and returns
- Assist in additional general tax research and reconciliation where needed
- Monthly bookkeeping for non-operating entities using QuickBooks
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must have strong analytical skills and be comfortable with creating report queries to extract data to Excel for manipulation and reporting.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations accurately, as well as the ability to identify and correct errors.
- Must possess sufficient interpersonal skills to effectively interact with persons inside and outside the company.
- Work under stress, meet deadlines, and handle multiple priorities.
- Three or more years of experience with multi-state sales and property tax accounting and two years of general accounting experience required.
- Ability to research, analyze, and retrieve data necessary to complete duties.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs and sit for long periods of time if necessary.