View all jobs
Senior Accountant - GL AccountantBroken Arrow, Ok
General Ledger Accountant
Reports To: Assistant Controller
- Maintains the general ledger and ties-out to the sub-ledgers monthly.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles accounts for the month end close process.
- Analyzes and researches account balances to ensure they are accurate and complete.
- Compiles and reviews trial balances, financial statements and other accounting documents.
- Develops spreadsheet reports and verifies information to track account movement for audits.
- Analyzes and tracks capital spend against the budgeted/approved amounts.
- Reconciles and tracks Internal Projects.
- Analyzes the effects of transactions and evaluates alternative means of treating transactions.
- Reviews and codes monthly accounting invoices.
- Assists with annual audit.
Although not required, experience with Dynamics SL, Crystal Reports, FRx and/or Concur would be a plus.
- Two years plus experience in public accounting required
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP in a mid-size business environment
- Strong analytical skill set with ability to defend position with logical reasoning
- Expert in Excel and creating/using spreadsheets with multiple functions and macros
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Word/Power Point/Outlook
- Detailed oriented with a focus on accuracy
- Results driven with a commitment to ownership and follow through
- Ability to work independently with limited instruction
- Expense card administration a plus
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA or CPA candidate a plus