This is a Tax Accountant position within the corporate tax department. The main responsibilities are related to preparing schedules for tax provisions, quarterly estimated tax and corporate income tax filings. This individual is responsible for assisting with corporate income tax matters, income tax return compliance processes, and researching tax issues, analyzing applicable tax laws, and documenting conclusions. The Tax Accountant will report directly to the Tax Manager.
- Play an active role in preparing provisions for federal and state taxes, rate reconciliations, and reserves for uncertain tax positions
- Assist with calculation and preparation of quarterly corporate income tax estimated tax payments and extensions
- Maintain records, analyze and research complex tax issues
- Prepare schedules for federal, state and local income tax filings
- Prepare property tax returns, annual reports, and other miscellaneous filings as required.
- Provide support during any tax audits
- Analyze tax regulations and recommend policies that minimize tax burden.
- Assist Tax Managers and Director of Tax with special tax projects as needed
- Assist with accounting / finance responsibilities as needed
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
Tax Accountant Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA license strongly preferred
- 2+ years’ experience as a tax accountant - Public and/or corporate tax
- Solid background in U.S. corporate tax compliance, GAAP, and other related U.S. accounting standards and principles.
- Strong Excel skills
- Seeking candidates who are self-driven and team driven with a positive attitude