Manager, Database Administration
Chief Operating Officer
Full Time, Exempt
Database Administration Manager hired to provide oversight and expertise for database, online education, website, and long-term IT strategic planning.
Essential Functions of the Position Include, but Are Not Limited To:
Desired Qualifications for the Position Include:
- Manage the integrity of the association’s database system.
- Conduct regular audits of the database system to identify and implement online and offline database cleanup, including record merges.
- Work with support staff to up-date database records and increase the amount of successful email and postal deliveries. Track and maintain reporting on deliveries.
- Manage purchasing process for computers, software equipment, and systems.
- Advance the associations data strategies by staying current with data integrity best practices, processes, procedures, methods, and technology applications.
- Collaborate with the stakeholders and leadership to create and maintain user guides, and policies and procedures for database system.
- Implement policies and procedures across the association to effectively enhance data integrity.
- Design, implement, and train system users on best practices for using the database system.
- Develop and manage appropriate database system security groups and user permissions within the platform.
- Manage program source coding and segmentation for membership, sales, conventions, education, operations, fundraising, advocacy, and other programs as needed.
- Manage data transfer processes and the integration of data between database system and external source platforms; this includes email marketing, LMS, CMS, and other applications that use from time to time. Troubleshoot data integration issues and communicate with appropriate parties.
- Create, manage, and run queries, exports, and reports (mostly SQL) to provide constituent managers with information related to departmental initiatives.
- Analyze reports, as requested by staff to support programmatic efforts.
- Proactively make recommendations for improvements regarding data integrations, reporting capabilities, and the association’s approach to the management of data.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer programming or other relevant field.
- Five + years of experience with an AMS such as Impexium, NetForum or other comparable system and knowledgeable of their db and backend code.
- Familiarity with hosting and DNS accounts
- Experience with Learning Management System (LMS) online platform.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices using AMS and experience with SQL.
- Experience with website maintenance
- Five years of experience in a non-profit setting with increased responsibilities.
- Possess knowledge of strategies and principles of membership database operations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a fluid, dynamic environment.
- Strong technical communication skills with the ability to synthesize technical information into clear messages for various audiences.
- Creative, curious, intuitive, and resourceful; exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong leadership skills and a strategic mindset with the ability to deliver short-term and long-term data-driven results.
- Outstanding record of generating buy-in and exceeding expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Outstanding customer service.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- General maintenance knowledge of office IT products.