Director of Banking Services
Director of Banking Services will have leadership responsibilities for the banking services department. One of the most important continuous improvement opportunities within the Company is the ongoing automation of manual clearing and reconciliation processes performed by the banking services team relating to creditor payments predominantly by check, ACH and wire. The Company has a tremendous opportunity to create impactful operational efficiency, while also improving the client experience and to that end we are seeking a qualified leader with a background in banking and/or payment operations who can effectively manage and optimize payment related processes and create exceptional client experiences for consumers and Sponsors that expect ‘dial tone’ like reliability from our technology and services.
Team: 7 direct reports with a total team of ~ 60 personnel.
Position responsibilities include:
- Continuous improvement of creditor payment clearing and account reconciliation processes through process changes, better leveraging bank data, utilizing third-party tools and/or technologies (e.g., OCR, case management, machine learning, etc.).
- Ensuring that all key processes are fully documented and broadly understood by those who need to know.
- Collaborating with other departments to effect changes throughout banking services.
- Oversee and review daily, weekly and monthly reporting to ensure that our payment and reconciliation processes meet established compliance standards.
- Being a visible and vocal leader
- Proactively recommends and sponsors process improvements throughout the department using change management best practices.
- Lead and mentor direct reports to develop and maintain a high performing team focused on continuously exceeding client expectations.
- Fostering a supportive culture of client centricity, risk management, ownership, inter/intra-functional teamwork, continuous improvement, and high performance.
Position requirements include:
- 5+ years of progressive operational leadership positions in the financial services or FinTech industries, with exposure to payment and / or reconciliation operations.
- Proven track record of working well cross-functionally to drive business results.
- In-depth knowledge of payments, especially check, ACH and wires with a strategic appreciation for alternative and emerging payment types.
- A track record of building and leading high performing teams that achieve measurable objectives.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail and concern for data accuracy.
- Well-developed interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks simultaneously and meeting goals and deadlines under pressure.
A bachelor's degree is required