- Provide regulatory and control guidance regarding business practices, key decisions, policies, processes and, standards.
- Assess operational breakdowns for compliance risk and provide guidance on remediation/recovery plans.
- Perform risk-based reviews of business line control design and execution effectiveness and provide guidance on identified risks or gaps.
- Utilize firm's review procedures, including tools/templates necessary to complete reviews (i.e. review check list, official report of review, etc.).
- Stay abreast of regulatory issues, developments, changes, and industry emerging trends
- Compares practice with regulatory and internal requirements to identify variances.
- Discuses and validate findings with management.
- Prepare and present conclusions and recommendations to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent field or equivalent work experience
- Master's Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent field.
- Two (2) plus years banking or legal compliance experience preferred in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of bank administration, lending and operations products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other bank operational policies and procedures.
- Experience, knowledge and training in all operational and lending activities and terminology. Good oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively train and instruct others in a formal classroom or one-on-one environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret government regulations, periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to reform compliance reviews with appropriate documentation to support review. Attention to detail. Ability to work with all business lines, and be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel 30% of time