CPA - Financial Accounting Manager
Responsibilities include -
- Manage the onboarding process for new clients: You'll work closely with new clients to develop a clear understanding of their needs. You'll design their service plan and set up efficient and effective project workflows.
- Complete quarterly financial analyses: You’ll review and analyze the financials to extract meaningful data for a quarterly review with the business owner.
- Oversee services for a portfolio of clients: You'll supervise a team of 5 staff & senior accountants to ensure a portfolio of 75 businesses have their bookkeeping and financial accounting needs met on a monthly basis.
- Manage the client experience: You will serve as the primary point of contact for the client and help with any requests that go beyond the abilities of the bookkeepers you supervise. Often this means acting as an outsourced CFO or Controller for the client.
- Experienced. We need an accountant who has handled the accounting for multiple small businesses and/or non-profits (either working within the organization or in an accounting/bookkeeping firm). The ideal candidate has had titles like: Controller, Full Charge Bookkeeper, Senior Accountant, etc. Management experience is required for this role. Candidates must also have experience working directly in QuickBooks (not just supervising someone who does).
- Knowledgeable. You must have an excellent understanding of accounting & bookkeeping best practices. The ideal candidate has an advanced degree in accounting or a closely related field such as finance, business or economics. An active CPA license is required.
- Highly organized. You need to juggle multiple clients with different services and coordinate the work of a diverse team of bookkeepers. This requires exceptional organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Great at building strong, personal relationships. You are the primary contact for a set of clients. It's important that you establish a personal rapport with the clients. More than just a manager, the goal in this position is to become a trusted advisor to each client. This takes relationship-building skills and a friendly, outgoing attitude.
- Detail-oriented. Clients judge us a lot by our accuracy and precision. The ideal candidate hates making mistakes and is extremely detail-oriented.
- A great communicator. As a client facing accountant you will have conference calls with clients monthly and quarterly. You should have excellent professional communication skills. You'll need to be perfectly fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Tech-savvy. You'll need to be adept with computers and good at figuring out new systems and tools. Excel expertise is preferred. QuickBooks Online and Desktop experience is required.
- An adaptable, fast learner. Every client has a different set of processes, requirements, etc., so each new client is a learning experience. We need someone who feels very comfortable diving in and figuring things out independently (though there will always be people who can help!). If you're at your happiest maintaining a well-established process that someone else designed, it might not be the ideal role for you.