Human Resources Manager
Responsible for leading and actively participating in the day-to-day operations of the company’s human resources functions, including support for all locations of the company to ensure compliance with laws, statutes, and regulations affecting human resource policies, as well as the day-to-day administration of onboarding, terminations, employee benefits enrollments and changes, employee wellness program, performance management, and various changes for all employees; the recruitment, screening, and pre-employment testing of personnel for key positions; the maintenance of all employee records, both electronic and written, to ensure accuracy in pay, reporting, employee development and employee benefits; and long term development and implementation of strategies, policies, procedures and programs that support the company’s priorities.
Essential Job Functions:
Required Education, Knowledge and Skills
- Process all new employees through the onboarding process, including required paper work, benefit enrollments, establishing electronic and traditional employee data files, and any other related activity.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of all employees changes including pay, benefits, performance reviews, etc. and maintain all employee records on an ongoing basis.
- Manage employee FMLA leave and coordinate proper notifications as required.
- Actively manage the recruiting process for key positions including advertising, screening, coordinating interviews, pre-employment testing, background information, and all other aspects of the recruiting process. Prepare offer letters in conjunction with the hiring manager as required.
- Ensure timely and accurate new hire reporting in compliance with state regulations. Complete all employment verifications for current and previous employees as required.
- Verify all unemployment claims as they occur and participate in unemployment hearings as required.
- Administer and assist in developing the company’s employee wellness program and provide constant communication and visibility of the program to all sites.
- Participate in various human resources training initiatives and assist in program development as required.
- Maintain human resources related policies and procedures in the company’s Policy Manager program. Recommend and prepare updates to the company’s Employee Handbook as needed.
- Respond to a variety of inquiries regarding interpretation of company policies, employee benefit plan provisions, etc., from employees at all levels of the organization. Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality and customer service.
- Actively participate in human resources department special projects and policy/procedure improvement initiatives as required.
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of related Human Resources experience in a small to mid-sized
- PHR certification a plus.
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and must have a strong customer service focus.
- Must be detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, the ability to perform Internet research, and knowledge of various HRIS/payroll systems
HR Human Resources benefits Generalist recruit employee relations HR Human Resources benefits Generalist recruit employee relations HR Human Resources benefits Generalist recruit employee relations HR Human Resources benefits Generalist recruit employee relations HR Human Resources benefits Generalist recruit employee relations