The candidate will be responsible for analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within the organization. This position also assists the Controller with activities relating to the financial and accounting functions of the organization according to the direction set forth by the corporate office.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and GAAP standards.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences.
- Prepare adjusting journal entries.
- Conduct monthly reconciliations for month end and bank statement reviews.
- Assist, as needed, with month end closing process, opening and closing Financial Periods, and maintaining Chart of Accounts.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Work within established recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards as directed by the Controller.
- Assist Controller with providing or facilitating internal and external financial auditing services for the company.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice as directed by the Controller.
- Assist, as needed, with Purchase Order entry and serve as a backup for payroll.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required; Bachelor’s Degree (or technical school): Preferred; Field of Study – Accounting, Finance, or Business with an emphasis in accounting
- 2+ years of experience within a similar role
- Understanding and practical application of GAAP
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Strong operational understanding & application of general presentation software, word processing software, email communication software, & enterprise resource planning software
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Flex Benefit Plan – health and dependent care
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary-based life insurance
- Company-paid telehealth benefit
- Company provided Employee Assistance Plan
- Supplemental Aflac insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous PTO benefit
- 11 paid holidays, including employee birthday and anniversary holiday
- Tuition Assistance Program